Friday, October 14, 2016

10/14/16


Hello Doolittle Families,


Each Friday afternoon right before dismissal, I meet with one bus of students. During these meetings I explain that I want students to enjoy their ride to and from school. I simplify my expectations for bus behavior into 3 brief rules:
1. Be Safe
2. Be Nice
3. Follow the Seating Plan


I ask students to give examples of the first two rules and they always have great suggestions such as; stay seated, keep your hands to yourself, and no bad language.


Then the students and I review the seating plan. 6th grade students get the back seats, then 5th grade and then 4th grade. Students in grades 1, 2 and 3 should be anywhere from the front of the bus to the middle but not in the back.


Finally, I ask the students to tell me about any situations going on during the bus ride that they would like me to address. I ask them not to name names in front of everyone but to let me know what is happening. Then we discuss how to handle these specific situations.


I know the bus ride can be challenging as there are many students and limited supervision. I ask for parents’ help in addressing bus expectations with their children.


If there is ever a problem on your child’s bus, please let me know and I will do my best to address and end the problem.

Picture of the Week:
We have new cafeteria tables which greatly help with setup and clean-up.
They also allow more students to sit together which is socially beneficial.

IMG_20161014_140229460.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment